A tank made of conventional cement-based materials seems to have become tedious with demanding customers. The desire to find the unique, luxurious and new for swimming pool architecture is a requirement that designers are always aiming for. A transparent swimming pool that sees the clear blue water, infinity will help you feel relaxed, comfortable and want to immerse yourself in that pure space.
The design and installation of a transparent swimming pool is no stranger and difficult, DICTECH will help you make the swimming pool of your dreams.
In this article, DICTECH will join you in finding out details about the transparent wall material of this swimming pool, why use that material, so that you can better understand this type of swimming pool with this special design and for those who have a need to do.
In the following article, we will join you to learn about how to calculate the construction process, and the practical applications of the materials.
As you know, currently, the choice of transparent swimming pool wall has only two main materials: Tempered Glass, and Acrylic Glass. We will go into detail about these two materials.
1. Acrylic plastic glasses for swimming pools
Acrylic is a clear plastic or familiar name is Mika, refined from petroleum and has many outstanding advantages such as transparency, high aesthetics, elegance, high durability, good bearing capacity, very good horizontal bearing. Light, no shrinkage during use.
Acrylic plastic glass can be used at swimming pool positions such as pool walls, pool windows, curved panels, pool bottom.
Acrylic glass is molded with many shapes of arbitrary sizes such as L-shaped plate, wet and infinity edges, curved edges, circles. A wide range of design options is what makes Acrylic glasses a versatile solution with many advantages over conventional glasses.
Depending on the characteristics of each swimming pool, the installation unit will research the appropriate thickness, but normally tempered glass for swimming pools must have a minimum thickness of 50mm – 80mm-100mm – 200mm to ensure quality and safety. for user.
Features of Acrylic sheet for swimming pool construction:
- Transparent as ordinary glass, even with panels up to 800mm thick
- Has strong plastic properties that can bend, mold to the desired shape.
- High pressure resistance and strong impact resistance.
- Easy to clean and maintain. Can be cleaned with detergent with a soft cloth
- Anti-UV rays
- Do not stain when used Thickness: 20 – 300 mm depending on needs
- Meet most of the requirements for machining, manufacturing, unique designs, such as curved edges, curves, cylinders, … that tempered glass cannot do.
- High cost, due to complicated production line.
- 100% imported goods, slow order time.
Acrylic swimming pool is highly aesthetic. If you look at the appearance, it looks monotonous, but it creates a unique and attractive highlight of it. The glass surface layers are the perfect combination to bring a youthful, alternative and modern space. Therefore, using Acrylic Plastic Glass to make walls, walls, and bottom of the swimming pool brings luxury, class and great experience.
The feature is transparent, so it is usually designed to be placed on the rooftop of buildings or in home spaces. Utilizing the transparency of the glass surface will create a swimmer experience that expands the living space and the view of everything penetrating the glass in an impressive color.
2. Tempered glass material for swimming pool wall
Tempered glass is made of glass material (common glass) that is heat-tempered to create the hardness and force required.
With different thicknesses will bear different compressive forces and surface tension.
About load capacity:
Tempered glass is well loaded, meeting the requirements for small open-face swimming pools, small pool wall area, more limited than Acrylic Plastic Glass.
Overall load bearing and mechanical strength: Bearing less than Acrylic glass, easily crumbling when impacted by metal objects, causing the overall linkage. Therefore, the safety is not high.
In terms of molds: Mainly make flat sheets, need high thickness by joining the panels together, construction is also difficult, when the surface of joining the panels is not close, water and dirt cannot be cleaned.
Tempered glass wall also has a high aesthetic and helps the pool space more luxurious. Easy to clean, long life.
Tempered glass can be produced domestically with low price and fast production progress.
- Because the bearing capacity is not really good, easily cracked when affected by external forces, and has medium dynamic load capacity, it should only be used for small swimming pools with small glass area.
- The ability to shape with tempered glass to withstand water force is not feasible, only flat sheets can be made.
- The length of tempered glass molds is also limited, used for small tanks, or has to split the glass area. Above are the advantages and disadvantages of Acrylic Glass and Tempered Glass.
Above are the advantages and disadvantages of Acrylic Glass and Tempered Glass. Depending on the needs of use, customers can choose materials to build and construct a reasonable transparent swimming pool.
All information customers need in-depth advice, calculation of bearing capacity, price, contact our company, we will answer questions and give the most reasonable choice.